To us at chalk + dot, little luxuries are those small(ish) things that can make a big difference in how you feel. Sometimes they might be a financial splurge, but if that single splurge brings delight over and over again, I think the price gets balanced out. Here is a list that we came up with for our idea of luxury.
1. A black DVF dress. Works for all occasions and I know it will always fit me — she knows a woman’s shape. Everyone needs a DVF dress.
2. Mason Pearson Brush. Makes your hair glossy!
3. An oversized wine glass. I’m not talking a goblet or anything. But a nice oversized wine glass (you don’t have to put more in – but you can) feels more special than the standard size. It’s an easy change-up to make a night special.
4. Coconut oil (as lotion). Makes your skin feel silky smooth, and makes you feel a little bit like you’re on vacation. Mix some with your favorite summer lotion or some aloe for an extra feeling of escape.
5. A brow wax. Nothing to improve your self-esteem than getting rid of scraggly eyebrows. Gives a more polished look immediately.
6. A nice pair of underwear. Not many may see it, but you know it’s there. It’s like your own sexy secret.
I adore these invites! Little Miss Press is the best thing that has happened to design in a while. It is a mix of vintage, quirky and fantastic which is what I look for in personalizing an event.
After discovering Little Miss Press (thank you Kristin), I have done a bit of a googling and read nothing but the most pleasant reviews! Everyone raves about her unique sense of style and how she makes your vision a reality. Little Miss Press offers calligraphy for the additional personal touch.
Spring fashion is in full effect and it is perfectly filled with bright hues and happy prints. I have succumbed to the trend and started purchasing the perfect flats to brighten up all my outfits. And I must say, I am keen on the long skirts as well. If you feel that you are not ready to jump into this new trend, start with some accessories like a patterned scarf, accented shoes or painted nails.
Michael Kors maxi skirt
Tibi pleated short
Wet seal shoes
Kate Spade gold shoulder bag
Golden Classic green watch
TopShop wrap bracelet
Kate spade earring
Dior ‘Spring Look’ Vernis Nail Enamel (Nordstrom Exclusive)
Models Own Spring Nail Polish Collection
kate spade new york Dinnerware, Sea Cliffs Stripe Mug
I was just scrolling through the blog and correct me if I am wrong but I haven’t shared any photos from my trip to Minneapolis!! I can not believe this to be honest because we had a fantastic tine and by the way it was a freezing (weather was -5). Spring is fast approaching and I think this is my last chance to show pictures of us frolicking in the snow.
Dear Friends. This week has been positively bright with good feelings and all the good things that go along with it. So many wonderful items, designs and projects have come across my desk lately. I get so excited. There seems to be so much inspiration floating around and luckily people are taking hold of it and turning it into beautiful clothes, food or art. As a generation, I feel that we are destined to be entrepreneurs – to make our own path. I have friends starting blogs, creating their own companies, trying to turn their passion into their career and it all started from their heart, a bit of inspiration and the desire to succeed on their own. I am smitten with this – I am smitten with what could be and where we may go.
I have the feeling that this is just beginning. I hope to see much more from all of you and from me…of course!
ps. part II of Little Luxuries will be next week lovies
Tuesday generally comes and goes – nothing too exciting happens but today I have a sneaking suspicion that today is more than the average Tuesday and good things will happen. I love when I have this feeling. The weather is perfectly breezy, the sun is out and spring is here.
I wonder what today will bring?! Do you have anything special on your agenda?